Friday, July 31, 2009

skin tone

Here is my new desktop pic. I love having 3 kids and seeing all their uniqueness. They are all so very different, with their own challenges and talents. Click on it for the bigger pic if you want to really check out their expressions.





I gave the girls a bubble bath the other night (bad idea by the way). Dominique is just way too energetic. At one point, she slid her body along the bottom, making a big tital wave (in the 9 inches of water) which crashed over Emora's face. Emora is such a trooper though. She squealed for a while, then wanted back in. I noticed during the splash session, how dark Emora has gotten and she hasn't even been in the sun much during her 6 month journey through life thus far. She has already eclipsed Dominique with her tan. This is a pic. of me holding Emora and Dominique's upper legs beside each other. Amazing huh? She may end up looking some like me if she keeps darkening with the sun's effects. I am really very pale in my baby pictures compared to now. People think I am fairly dark, but never believe me when I say it is just residual tan. I just tan really easy and it doesn't fade much through the winter or from year to year. Time will tell. Ivan was quite upset to not be in the bath with them, but I knew that would be way too crazy! Then he was even more upset that I was taking their pictures without him, so he added his foot to the shot before I shooed him out of the bathroom.

The kids often "help" me with the laundry. Their help consists of jumping on the clothes, trying on daddy's socks and throwing underwear around the room. Sometimes they do find me sock matches or attempt to fold a handtowel, which reminds me, I have three loads ready to fold right now. Better go commence the clothes fight.

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Sudsy little angels!

nana said...

Those are the cutest "suds angels" plus foot I have ever seen!!