Thursday, July 16, 2009

funnies

Ivan has been battling a stomach bug since we got back. He missed out on swimming at Dominique's party- which was a HUGE disappointment for him. But I promised him we'd swim this week as soon as he was feeling better. Yesterday was the first day he seemed to be eating a bit more like normal, so I asked him "do you have your appetite back?" Without missing a beat, he countered with "only my sausage biscuit appetite". Later in the day, he informed me the he didn't have his supper appetite back. Nice try Ivan! You WILL eat supper foods (some day).

The other day, Dominique let out a big sigh and glumly said "I want my birthday back".

We went to the library Tues. and the librarian counted 40 dots with them in a book at which point Dominique stated: "that was TOO much" and Ivan countered "yeah, my mouth is all tired".

1 comment:

Ian said...

Sometimes a person will underestimate the brain power that children have. It is wonderful that you notice the comments and ideas that they come up with. (We are in Paris right now and things are going well.)
Love you.