Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Canda day!









Since we tried to pack light, as much as you can when travelling with little kids, we had to make a run to the store day 1 of our trip to buy things like diapers, wipes, shampoo... We've basically been having family suppers every night. My parents live out of town, so my sister and her family have been coming out to the acreage. I forgot how beautiful it is here. The skies are big, blue and dusted with fluffy clowds, the grass is soft and green, trees are majestic, the temperatures fabulously cool compared to Abilene, even the air smells like I remember from growing up.

I overheard a conversation between Ivan and Dominique the first day. She said that they had to sleep in new beds. Ivan explained that they couldn't bring the bunkbeds because they would not fit in the planes. I'm sure glad they weren't in charge of packing!

Note to our Andrea- my sister-in-law to be, Ivan was just asking where you were and was wishing you were here. He said it's been forever since he's seen you. We are looking forward to being all together with you too and miss not getting to see you this summer.

It is Canada day, so we will surely be taking in some of the festivities.

5 comments:

Deana said...

I've gone back and forth who your girls look more like, you or Brian...and it's decided...they look most like your sister!

Hope you have a fabulous vacation, and Happy Canada Day to you!

Davis Family said...

Happy happy Canada Day - in Canada too. Yeah. God bless you guys.

GMS said...

I like that Auntie Jenn is reading Gordon's story to all 3. It is an amazing testimony.

Ian said...

It was great to have you here and it has been so much fun being grandpa to your kids. I'll miss you when you go tomorrow.

Andrea said...

Oh wow, I didn't think Ivan would remember me. He was so young when we met.

Believe me, I would rather be in Canada at the moment than sitting in the library everyday.

Hope we can meet very soon.

Love ya'll