Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sakatoon Jazz festival


auntie and nephew dance
There were hundreds of people at the Jazz festival in Saskatoon the day we went. Some brave, carefree souls were dancing in front of the bandstand and on lookers. It was such a joyful atmosphere. About 20 seconds after we had found a spot and Ivan figured out that it was a sit down and listen affair, he pipes in with "when is it our turn to dance". His obliging, wonderful, loving aunt immediately scooped him up and twirled him off his feet (literally). Have I mentioned that I have an awesome sister? Ivan just soaked up all the fun and love. Before long, it became a cousins dance and sibling dance. I just love how kids respond so enthusiastically to music. One of our routine activities is listening to CDs or the radio.

we dance with Emora


cousins and auntie dance

What is your favorite kind of music?

Brian likes classic rock and Jazz, I like the rock I grew up with (80s and 90s). The kids like everything! They think Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi... are all called Little Einstein.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Praise songs & country.

Noticed the kids in bare feet, must have been one of the warm days in Canada.

Andrea said...

I can tell you what I don't like: techno, most sort of metal, house, and country isn't so much my style. Otherwise I go with pop, hip hop, r'n'b, classical, jazz, blues, movie songs etc.

It's cool that people danced with the day being sunny and the music being good (at least those parts I heard).
It's one of those things I am looking forward to, festivals in S'toon. Not that we don't have festivals in out city, but I'm never there. When I am in Leipzig something is going on in Chemnitz and vice versa. That's really annoying.