Sunday, July 12, 2009

Canoeing, fishing and beach time!







I am writing this on Dominique's birthday. We enjoyed her pool party at the YMCA. I loved not having to clean up and of coming back to a peaceful home. Once back, we got the birthday girl all dressed up in her princess outfit- (one of her gifts) and she, Ivan and Nana played Perfection- a timed puzzle game she also got. After a bit, it got all quiet. Everyone had fallen asleep. Brian got up and told me to come see the living room. There, in all sorts of interesting configurations were Emora, Dominique (in princess attire), Ivan and Nana passed out on the floor. I think Papa had found a bed. Ah, this is what Saturdays are made for.

So, back to our tales of Saskatchewan. Ivan and Dominique did get their long awaited wish of going canoeing and fishing. They were out for about an hour with Uncle Mike and Brian. I stayed on the beach with Emora, my cousin Ian and his son Kellen. The kids were so excited and enjoyed every minute out on the lake. They have deemed this their ultimate favorite part of being in Canada.
Funny story from our beach time. Ivan and Dominique wanted to find sea shells. They came running to me to show me their discoveries. Can you tell what they are? They were sunflower seed shells! I snapped the picture and told them to drop them and quick go wash their hands! Yuck.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I'm glad the weather cooperated so they could get to go canoeing.