Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Canada day in Canada




It was Emora's first time to celebrate Canada day in Canada, and maybe for Ivan and Dominique too. Ivan was so excited and kept wanting to go to the celebration in the park. We had a big day, since it was our last, meeting up with friends before we leave. We also managed to get in a nap, which was maybe my favorite part- (am I getting old?) By afternoon, we headed out to the park. Music was playing and tons of people were enjoying the sun and the day off. They had another train ride, that Brian took the kids on and jumpy castles. I got to see my cousin Corey briefly, his girlfriend and daughter. So little time! We had some yummy take out chinese at my sister's to finish off the day. Andrew went on to the fireworks, while all the rest of us wimped out. It doesn't get dark here until about 10pm and we would have had crying, tired, cranky kids hating the big blasts of booming. I'm sure they would have liked the colors, but we'll wait until they are older for that.

3 comments:

Davis Family said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time with family.

GMS said...

I had to work & recorded our fireworks & still haven't actually watched them.

Ian said...

Emora looks so pleased with the world.