Thursday, July 09, 2009

Last day in Stoon

As I write this, there is a fresh loaf of bread baking in a bread maker mom offered me. If that bread tastes at all good, I think I'll take it! Mom and dad are cooking up pancakes and we are about to pack up and leave my childhood home. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I'm glad we got to be here, but it always goes so fast. Our trip is not over though. Ivan is still determined to go canoeing, which we may get to do at my cousin's in Fort Quapelle, Saskatchewan. We are headed there for a few days.

As you read this, we are driving back from Canada, or maybe even crashed out in our own beds, but I doubt it. It takes 28 hours to drive and we now have 3 kids under 5 years old, so I don't think we will make it back in two driving days. We left ourselves a 3 day window, so I hope we'll make it.

I'll post about the next part of our trip from Abilene I'm sure. In the meantime, at top, the original 5. Me, my sister, brother, mom and dad. The next pic is my sister's family- John and my precious niece- I LOVE YOU IMY! And the last pic is me with my siblings- Andrew and Jenn. Andrew is about to get married! in Germany! He and Andrea have dated all of Ivan's life and been engaged nearly all of Dominique's. So now that Emora is here, I guess they are ready for the next step ;) My life is no longer measured in years, but in births.

5 comments:

Davis Family said...

So you have a breadmaker now - life immitating art?

GMS said...

That is always a good way to measure events. Looking forward to news of Dominique's third birthday.

Ian said...

I'm glad that you made it back safely. Now you can relax and everyone can recover.

NANA said...

Great "sib" picture. Was it taken at Jenn's house?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Jenn's house is to the right behind us. The one with the blue shutters.