Monday, July 13, 2009

cousins

We got to visit with my cousins in Ft.Qu'appelle Saskatchewan where beauty abounds unbeknownst to many a Saskatchewanian. I grew up in the province of vast prairie and endless sky, never guessing that a few hours from my childhood home was nestled away this little area of hills, lakes, and trees so unlike the rest of Southern Saskatchewan.

I made other surprising discoveries. I think it was always common knowledge that Ian was my craziest cousin. But here he is photographed with his wife Janet and family- so serene and normal looking. Very nice. I noticed with this picture that none of the Koops (his sister's family) were featured here. As I looked back over our computer's library overstuffed with picture's I found these gems. There are more, but I could only post so many: the parents,


the older girls and the youngest daughter taking a pause to "smile" while roughhousing her uncle, the former crazy one. Do tell, who appear to be the wild ones now? Admitedly however, pictures can betray one's true character. I think Ivan was actually trying to tease Arwen here, but doesn't it look like he is trying to steal a kiss?

No comments: