Monday, July 31, 2006

snaps: cute and quirky vol.10


Ivan helps mommy make brownies. He was trying to drink the batter out of the mixing bowl after we had already wiped it clean with our fingers, tongues and heads. How can you break it to him that it's all gone. The other night I made lasagne (which made me feel like wonderwoman, I was bathed, the kids were kinda clean AND I made a real meal- these are amazing events now). Ivan was all excited about the baking food, but sorely disappointed when he went to eat it. The top had browned beautifully (like a cake), but when we cut into it, it was not cake, but lasagne. Everytime I tried to get Ivan to eat some, he'd cry and point to the lasagne in the pan, indicating he wanted the (nonexistant) cake. He ended up eating a few bites of the top crust, in other words some lasagne noodle with nicely browned cheese.

Ivan and his daddy play bass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it is better for Ivan to learn this disappointing lesson at his age than to be surprised at a church social at age 35 like his grampa. I thought I was getting mincemeat pie, and it was actually some kind of spinach quiche. I'm sure it was probably the best spinach quiche ever, but I couldn't get past the first bite, because my taste buds were screaming "this isn't mincemeat pie".

jenn with two n's said...

This photo is definitely a keeper. I love the crazed look. I'm sure he'll appreciate both photos as he gets older!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

hillarious grandpa Ray! I love your little anecdotes. So funny.

Jenn- remember what chocolate can do to your kids!!! And careful of ice cream come evening. Ivan's gotten better at that with age.

Lady J said...

Hey Ivan can I have a chocolate kiss?! That's what we call them...whatever Harrison's been eating and has all over his face is that flavour kiss! Obviously the chocolate ones are my favorites! But Ivan is so darn cute I'll settle for any flavour kiss from him!!!