Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day!


We had a fun day. Ivan and I wore red and white in honor of my home country and we sang O Canada in French and what we knew of it in English. For supper we had pierogies, burgers, grilled veggies and poutine. The festivities have started!



When we were first married, Brian threw me a surprise Canada day celebration with friends and we've done something every year since. He said we get to celebrate the 1st THROUGH the 4th! So you see, dual citizenship within a family does have it's advantages. Sorry to all those who were hoping for a Canada day baby. I guess she didn't think today was her day.

In the pictures... here is Ivan helping with grilling, or at least helping himself to his daddy's gloves and some of the last pregnancy pics, as long as she cooperates and comes this week.

4 comments:

Lady J said...

Well I'm out of the baby pool then! I was really certain she'd be a Canada Day princess...better luck for July 4th! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada Day! Unfortunately I was very busy yesterday nad had no time to post.
My guess is still after the 4th of July. I doubt that she will show up today, tomorrow or 4th.
But the only thing that matters is that she is fine with 10 toes and 10 fingers. *g*
Love!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I had a dream last night she came today...have a blast with your mom and dad there! hurry up baby girl...we want to know your name!

Kimberley said...

Perhaps since she missed Canada Day you could hang on a little longer and shoot for Bastilles Day (July 16th)! Just kidding!