Monday, July 10, 2006

Maybe it's a good thing


I don't know why we are still here waiting, but I'm thankful for all these days we've had with my parents. At least they are here and that has added excitement and connection time. In fact, things would have been much different if our daughter had arrived earlier, and while that would have been great, we would have missed out on other connecting opportunities as well.

This has been such a special time for Ivan. He's gotten to know his grandparents in a way he's never been able to before and they him. The other morning, both myself and grandma showed up at his door after he woke up and he reached for grandma first. It didn't make me feel bad in the least. I was pleased that he feels so comfortable with her to want her near and I know it made her feel like a million bucks. Grandpa has been able to take Ivan on lots of walks which Ivan loves. There is something incredibly precious about seeing a little grandson and grandpa walking down the street hand in hand together. It would not have been the same at all for him if little miss was here. Maybe we are stocking up on quality time now while we can. Dad and I stayed up to 1:30am last night talking. That was great since we haven't talked like that since I was in high school I'm sure. I think in some ways, these moments of togetherness have been more important than having our daughter here a few days (or weeks) earlier. She will come eventually, at the right time. And may that time be today or so, since they leave Thurs. am and I'd love for them to see her face, give her kisses and hold her precious little body. But then again, if not this visit, maybe there will be another day, to meet, to be family (in all our ugliness and beauty), to know each other and love.

3 comments:

GMS said...

As "we" know, we are not in charge of the timing of anything. Birth, Death, or anything in between.
Whenever man attempts to be, the consequences can be disastrous to many.
Our prayers continue...............

Becky said...

I have a friend who read Psalm 139 over and over while waiting for her long over due child. It reminded her that God knows the number of our days, even those before we are born. having said that, I admire your patience. I think I would have given up by now. I am visiting this site daily to check for news, so I hope to see a post with the arrival details soon. I know your parents are anxious.

Lady J said...

Enjoy your family time now, no matter how many people are part of that family today...tomorrow there may well be one more!!!