Wednesday, July 26, 2006

he did it again!



My cousin Wendell called up yesterday and breezed into town with his son in tow. He's a trucker and realized a couple of years ago that Abilene is on the interstate, so now he stops whenever he's hauling a load through here. It's always good to see him, although brief. This was our first chance to meet his son. Ivan and Davion had so much fun together and Davion taught Ivan that salad is delicious.
I sat gawking at my son as he served himself and ate the greenery. I hope he'll keep this up! It's a wonder what an older kid can get Ivan to try, without even meaning to while I try in earnest and get absolutely no where. Really, some teen should start up positive role model services. They could come over, eat vegetables, put their dishes away, pick up toys and read books in the presence of an impressionable toddler. Of course you'd have to find a teen that eats vegetables, cleans up and reads!

We realized that Wendell beat my siblings to seeing our newborn first. He saw Ivan at a week old or so and now Dominique! I guess trucking does have a few perks.

5 comments:

Eric said...

Yeah, it is amazing how much another child can help us influence our children to do things we want them to do. Now I get to watch my son do that for his little cousin.

Lady J said...

I too have thought I needed an older role model for Harrison, but thought it would come in handier for babysitting more than anything else!!! I'm lucky in that Harrison begs for saldad, so veggies are the only area we don't have a power struggle happening these days!

I love the cousin connection and happened to write a blog about it yesterday...you should go and read it!!! You may find it a good time to answer the question I asked...

Ian said...

Say, 'Hi,' to Wendell for us the next time he drops in. (The plan for today: more touring)

Anonymous said...

I really like your cousin Wendell a lot. I once met him and he is a really nice guy. It's great that he is able to drop in once or twice on his way.

Hopefully Ivan will keep up his vegetable eating. Would be nice.

jenn with two n's said...

Love the pictures of Ivan and Davion. How precious! Just think Ivan will be the older role model for his Canadian cousins!
Love you