Thursday, July 13, 2006

grand French lessons

Grandpa Ian and Grandma Ruth are headed to France, so Ivan and his grandpa thought they would brush up on some French with Ivan's Einstein video.



Thanks to all for the wellwishes and prayers. We are so thankful for everything. Labor went well, the Dr. broke my water around 7 and a couple of hours later, I was having good contractions, so I was able to avoid pitocin. She gave me some demerol for pain and fenagan for nausea, but I shouldn't have gotten the second, I wasn't getting sick this time and it made me too loopy. When our daughter was born, I felt like I wasn't there, it was hard for me to focus or follow conversations. I like having a more clear head better. But eventually I came out of my fog and they moved us to a room. It was very booked that day, and we had to share a room. My roomate was nice, but it was pretty loud, since she had a huge family and lots of friends who kept calling and coming in. But then, since I kept Dominique with me, I kept them up half the night and they were very understanding about that too. We both got to leave the same time. Our babies were born the same day in the same hospital, about an hour apart and shared their first day together. With Abilene being so small, we may see each other again. Who knows what connections may have been made!

We've had a steady stream of visitors and well wishers. It feels a bit like a zoo. Mom was baking and cooking when we got back. She made food for that night and the next, plus muffins so that I'd have snacks, plus she was trying to wash clothes and pack, then they had to decide if they should actually go to France since my aunt is really very sick. My aunt told dad to keep their plans and they felt like they should, so they left early this morning.

Sorry no pics yet. Trying to keep up with stuff like eating and bathing in between visits ;) Maybe tomorow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's nice to hear that you and Dominique are well. How is Ivan coping with that new situation? The first picture of them looks really nice.

Send pics as soon as possible!!!
Love!

Lady J said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you. Your house sounds like you are experiencing typical post baby excitement! Be sure to get your rest (don't I sound like a mom?!) to avoid typical post baby exhaustion! You have 2 to take care of now!!! Anxious to see more pics!

Sorry to hear that your aunt is not well, I am sure that is of great concern to your dad. I am praying for her & your family and hope that your parents have a fabulous & safe trip to France!!!

Bonnie said...

Congrats Angela and family! You all look beautiful and it is so nice to pop in and see your wonderful news!!
Love from Bonnie (mcm)

Anonymous said...

Max was being fussy so I played ALL of Ivan's videos...he got really quiet and listened. They are such buddies aren't they? Remember to get some rest!!