Sunday, July 16, 2006

All about her




Now that Dominique is here, I can drag out all the decorations I made for her and work on her baby book... (when I have a chance- ha! like about midnight. I'm such a night hawk!) One problem is that I hid the letters of her name for her clock so well that I can't remember where it is. I had already picked out the perfect font and size... I was thinking that MAYBE with Nana coming tomorow I would have an extra set of hands to be able to work on it, but she won't be here long, so we may just want to hang out and play with the kids. I finished Dominique's door decor and her name letters for our alphabet board pre-birth, so that helped.







We've had well wishers stream in and out, so that has been fun. What has been equally fun is that a bunch of them bring food! I love this tradition! I haven't had to cook yet and we are eating like kings and queens. There are snacks and meals in fridge and freezer and I'm soooooooooo thankful!






Jaime and Christian are kind of regulars around here. Summers are usually fun here since I try to hang out with the neighbor kids and do activities with them. Not much activities this year except gazing at the baby, which they are quite pleased to do. They also like to play with Ivan, so that is awesome. He loves them and I find he learns so much from interacting with older kids. We are so happy to be raising him and Dominique on a street that ripples with young life. They are all so good and full of joy and fun. It seems like peer pressure is mostly refered to as a bad thing, but there is good peer pressure too, and this street is just full of a lot of goodness. One can look as far as my fridge to attest to that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you mad once again a great job with the decoration. I'm amazed each time how you do that.
It's great to have such neighbours like you do. That takes of a big load, doesn't it?

Anyway, I will be busy the next 3 weeks since I have my undergraduate exams and they are tough.

Love!

Lady J said...

You are so creative and crafty it makes me feel like this terrible mother! However, I did manage to frame the first picture Harrison ever colored and it's been hanging in his room ever since, along with the first painting and the first big boy picture where he drew a person that looks like a person...sort of! You know the kind where the whole head is the body, the arms and legs come out the side?! Pretty cute! You are such a great mom, those children are so blessed!!! (not like mine~although he is lucky to still be alive! He went to bed at 1am tonite...he's just not a sleeper, but I am! Wanna trade?!)

Good company and good food you didn't have to cook yourself...sounds like heaven around there! Well, you've already got 2 angels! Have fun and get to bed for your rest!

GMS said...

So good to hear that you are getting some help and support. Enjoy your time with Nana.

GMS said...

P.S. I loovvveeee your new ID picture with the 3 of you all cuddled together.

Anonymous said...

She looks wonderful! Congratulations!

Carolyn said...

Congrats on your sweet baby girl! I had been checking periodically and just learned today that she has arrived. Great to see! Sounds like you are enjoying the amazing moments of being a Mom all over again!

Love, Carolyn (Wiebe) Brednich