Sunday, July 09, 2006

paint splash sniffles


Yesterday, I pulled out the watercolors and Ivan made me up some more cards. I always enjoyed making cards, but don't seem to have the time and energy that I used to. Sometimes I like to pull out my materials and make some all by myself, but it's also fun to share the fun with Ivan. We try to limit our mediums for less chaos. Yesterday I did a double activity thinking clean-up would be easier if he just went straight in the pool after. So I stripped him down for painting, then we splashed in the kiddie pool. It actually felt nice out, with some shade, a little breeze and half my body in cool water. That and a smoothie and you have the perfect summer!



Jennifer sent my two bars of my favorite chocolate all the way from Canada. I was going to eat them after the birth to celebrate her arrival. At least that WAS the plan. Now I'm rewarding myself for holding on and letting her take her time to come. I read once that no one is eternally pregnant. This thought consoles me. The only part I really hate is that mom and dad may not get to meet her, and they came all this way, but they are being extremely understanding and not pushing us to hurry up or induce, so we appreciate that a lot!

Somehow we've managed to get the sniffles around here, except for Brian, who is staying strong! I remember getting a cold right before Ivan was born too and I know that as my body makes antibodies to fight this, the baby actually gets immunities as well. So maybe these extra days are for an extra boost to her system that will give her a life-time of better health. That's what I'm hoping for.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Great attitude!!!!
Positive and looking forward......

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's nerve wrecking that is takes that long. I don't want to be pushy but it's like: "I have to go and check on the blogs if anything happend." You understand???? I guess you do. Anyway, hope it will be soon.