Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ivan and his buddy Andy

I had thought of getting a doll for Ivan when the baby came, so he wouldn't be jealous, having his own baby to hold and take care of, but Nana had a better idea. She brought Ivan a buddy. It's a giant raggedy Andy doll and Ivan loves it! He gives Andy kisses and bit his eye. I hope he doesn't greet all his new friends that way!



Ivan has made some indications he is ready for potty training so direct lots of prayers our way! He took off a poopy diaper the other day and another time sort of told me he was wet. The conversation went something like this... "ewwwww" as he pulled at his diaper. I asked: did you go pee? his reply: ewwwwwwwww!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute...we had Max playing with some babies today...he didn't care too much about them...he prefers his dragon and monsters!

Anonymous said...

Uhmm, I'm not really sure but could it be that Ivan said "Shut up" or was that my imagination???

Madame Angela Baggett said...

andrea- we both heard that too! But we're hoping it was an accident!

deana- that's our little guy! Max & his monsters. Big buddy was actually very horrified that I would even consider letting Ivan play with a doll, but I think he'd approve of monsters!

thanks nana

Lady J said...

Everybody needs a buddy, and for a small boy I can't think of anyone better than Raggedy Andy! Nothing wrong with boys having dolls, Harrison has several and plays with them often...although the last one I saw was missing her head! But don't let that discourage you!

Good luck with the potty thing, but don't be too hopeful either! It seems to take forever, until one day they train themselves overnight, when THEY are ready, not when WE are ready for them to be ready!!!