Thursday, July 20, 2006

Snaps: cute and quirky vol.9




I'm almost back to normal physically and am discovering the wonderful and challenging world of being a mother of two! It has it's priceless moments and tear your hair out moments, but I'm excited about what I am finding. Ivan is slowly learning the art of cleaning up and avoiding spanking over the myriad incidents each day that warrant disciplinary action, so that is awesome when it works! Dominique is learning to sleep and thrive in her new world with all its noise and clamor. She had her first doctor visit today and has gained back any weight loss plus put on an ounce. She is very healthy. She has not taken to eating as good as Ivan did, but is getting there bit by bit, or should I say slurp by slurp!







Our hearts are broken that Big Buddy has to go back in the hospital again. They want to do IV antibiotics for his feet. That place is like a torture chamber for him. May he get out quickly. The doctor ok-ed us to visit with Dominique.











I am constantly amazed at how sweet Ivan is with his sister. It's one of the most beautiful events I've ever witnessed.

3 comments:

Lady J said...

Your kids are SO gorgeous, and I'm pretty picky about who I say that to, since I tend to compare all kids to mine, who also happens to be pretty darn cute!!! (not bias at all!) Big Buddy is in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures you have there. I see that you have a Tigger seat, I know that tail! ;) It's my favourit from Winnie the Pooh.
Ivan does great, it's fantastic how he develops. Oh, and by the way, I didn't drink as much as my older brother used to either. So maybe it's a girls thing, or it's a second child thing. Who know?
But I am sure she will grow good and fast enough for her body and it will work out just fine.

GMS said...

The picture of the two with Mr. Griffin is priceless and I pray you can get a copy to him to motivate him to get strong enough to come back home. I'm glad you'll be able to visit him in the hospital.
Everyone looks healthy and happy.