Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fun with foliage


Grandma Wynetta had giving Emora roses at the hospital. They lasted quite a while but were on their last legs, which is the perfect time to do a rose petal photo shoot. My OBGYN had pics of her baby and preschooler in the buff similar to the poses I took, so that's where I got my garden of Eden theme here from. Aren't they cute??? Albeit Emora was trying to nurse on Dominique's shoulder half the time. She doesn't discriminate. She thinks everyone looks delicious. I'm telling you, this girl can eat! Like mother like daughter I guess. I'm eating a lot these days too. I gained back some weight, but I think that was in part from my milk coming in and in part from all the good food with deserts and chocolate that have been given to us. So the other night, I tried to pay attention and stop eating when I was full. A couple of hours later I was so hungry and felt sick, I ended up eating a bunch of dry cereal in bed while reading a book and feeding the baby. Brian laughed when he saw me and my bag of cereal since I never eat in bed. I gave him a good glare and said I was famished. I miss getting any exercise. We walked 2 blocks over the weekend to the library and I paid for it over the next couple of days and I already miss the pool so much and have another 5 weeks to wait before I'll get the thumbs up to get back in. At the same time, it's so nice to rest and be a homebody. I usually like to go do things during the days, but right now I am quite content to be at home, eat, nap, feed kids and do what house stuff I can manage.

5 comments:

GMS said...

So cute and precious!
Can't believe you can stay up so late to post & still care for 3 so well, & that doesn't include hubby.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

If I stay up until her first feeding at 12 or 1am, I only get woken up 2 or 3 times at night and feel more rested, plus it's the only time I get to check e-mail or do anything without the kids underfoot.

Davis Family said...

Emora is about to eat her sister! What a gorgeous bunch!

jenn with two n's said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting these. I noticed that you must be teaching Ivan and Dominique left and right--well left anyways! Love to all.

Ian said...

I find that even one child can be exhausting, let alone three.