Friday, January 09, 2009

The Fort/Swing Set






Here is some of the progression of the fort/swing set. They started by digging out a laundry post that has been there since we moved here. Brian had removed the first one long ago, but we had used the other one for hammocks some summers. Now the hammocks will have to hang from the fort. The kids did their part too of course, because anytime the set was being worked on, they wanted to be right there in the mix. They dug out dirt, measured and supervised the operation from the start.

There is still a little left to do, but Brian just has the weekends to work on it, so it is slow going. Last weekend he completed the climbing wall and the rails for the fort (I had what I thought would be an improvement that doubled his work, so I'm sure he is enjoying all my input ;) He also got the slide up, which is very fast, so the kids are getting used to it slowly. My friend brought some rubber mats to put at the end of it, so that helped some. I just realized that none of these pictures are recent, so I need to get snapping to show you what comes next.


I'm also trying to upload a video for about the 15th time this week. Is anyone else having troubles getting videos up? I have a stack of them to post. My next doctor's appointment is Monday, so we'll see how we are doing. Baby doesn't seem like she's in any rush to get here, but that's ok, I am slowly getting some things done- like pages for her baby book and hopefully this weekend I can paint some more on her clock.

The kids and I went swimming today and it was so nice. It's down right hot here and feels like a Canadian summer. It was good to get out and have some fun exercise. May be our last chance for a while, depending on when baby comes.

No comments: