Monday, January 19, 2009

The plan

My doctor visit went well. They were not too impressed at seeing me again and I wasn't too impressed at being there, but that is the way it is and we all agreed not to meet this way again ;) We will gently persuade #3 to come out tomorrow. With Dominique, all they had to do was break my water and we were underway, so that is what we'll try again this time. I'm already dilated to a 4.5 or 5 and 50% effaced. According to those numbers I could actually get an epidural right now- ha, ha. I'm really not uncomfortable at all, so it's nice to have half the work done before we show up. Maybe I'll have some more contractions tonight so that tomorrow will be even easier.

One of the good things about inducing is that we won't all be in a scramble. Brian is taking the day off (obviously), so we don't have to call him in from work, or try to get the kids somewhere and make it to the hospital in a rush (which could have happened if my water broke on it's own and we were more surprised by labor). Tighe was going to babysit our kids for us, but Isaiah came down with a fever last night, so I racked my brain over who is off from work tomorrow and remembered our friend Trish. Her husband cooked us our anniversary dinner and now she's sacrificing her day off, coming way early in the morning and helping us out big time. This will be even better than waking the kids up to take them somewhere, so that is a relief. Thank you Trish!!

We will most likely have her by noonish, since that is the pattern I've had with the other two, but I can't guarantee it. I wouldn't expect a post right away, but I'll try to have Brian post something when he comes back to the house. We are so looking forward to seeing her, naming her and introducing her to all of you. We'll take any of your prayers for an easy, safe and uncomplicated delivery, healthy baby and me and good adjustement for all of us as the big siblings now have to share mom, dad, home, love and toys with another family member.

I packed a couple of hats for her since everytime I have gone in the Dr. said her head is so low. Today when she was palpating my stomach and measuring it, she said she couldn't even feel her head, just shoulders and wouldn't make a guess at her size. All of that to say I wouldn't be surprised if she is cone headed.

I guess Brian wins the birthday contest, but we didn't pick the day so he would win! He actually picked the day because he knew I had the doctor appointment today and figured the Doc would want to induce the day after, so he did use some deduction to come up with the 20th. I'm also bad with dates and Ivan wants to have her on his birthday. There is no way we are waiting until Oct., but it is the same day in the month, so that will be convenient to remember.

It's so surreal to think we'll have a baby tomorrow!!!! We are so excited.

7 comments:

Katie said...

CONGRATS!! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!! Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures and learn her name!! :)

Leslie Kay said...

Awesome news. I will keep you and the new addition in my prayers. I can't wait to see her. I am also looking forward to learning your little angel's name. Good luck and God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers for a short and safe delivery. I'll be anxiously awaiting a phone call with all of the details, or at least some of them. May God continue His blessings on all of you.

Ian said...

My guess is that the name is Emora!
What is my guess Worth?

armacleod said...

Dad, you had to guess after I had to tell you 2 times and spell it for you once.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Emora Worth

Anonymous said...

The last congrats was from Sharon Parker