Saturday, January 17, 2009

Waiting, waiting


Well, by the looks of it we may be picking out a day for our little darling to be born. I don't like doing that, but I know the doc. will be wanting to induce and mom only has another week or so here, so she needs to come on out! Ivan came a day early for my birthday, but apparently the girls find it way comfortable in there and like to take their sweet time. Dominique was induced 8 days after her due date. I keep hoping my water will just break and away we'll go, but I'm not even having many contractions like I have throughout the months. In any case, I've progressed enough that hopefully the doc will just need to break my water and our daughter will take the hint to come out. That's what happened with Dominique. The other advantage of that is there won't be a rush to the hospital and we can get the kids to my friend's house without too much chaos. Of course I could still have her in the next 2 nights or tomorrow...

I'm not sure what day we'll pick. I had thought of waiting until a week past, but then mom would only be here half a week after that. Brian figures we could induce Tues. I still have to canvas what mom thinks and haven't talked to the sitter yet. I'm sure the doc. will have an opinion too. So far her opinion was to induce 1.5 weeks ago. She's an induction happy doctor. So weird to choose a day for our baby to be born!

It is tiring waiting and I am anxious to use her name. Most of the pregnancy, I've been calling her "baby cakes". Don't know where that came from, but it just seemed to fit. Since her name is a secret, we haven't said it out loud lots and I'm ready to.

Mom and I did a marathon run at the store today while Brian took the kids to the library, fed them and put them down for naps. I got all our pecans partly shelled (they are cracked, but I left the meticulous job of getting the meat out for now).

I haven't taken many pictures in the last few days since the camera is in our to-go bag, but I guess I need to get to snapping some again. I also have 6 videos to post and they won't, so I don't know if you'll ever see them. Maybe I should try them on facebook.

So, to ask a heated question... are you pro-induction or lean towards less intervention?

6 comments:

Leslie Kay said...

I was induced and I can't imagine it any other way. It scared me to think of being out when my water broke, and not having Shawn with me, so I say if she doesn't come out her own, a little help is not a bad way to go. Good luck!

Ian said...

That mom of yours is sure looking good!

Deana said...

i hope she comes soon so your mom can soak up as much time as possible!

mine was induced, and i was happy he was. it just took forever once he was induced, so it makes me wonder if he just wasn't ready. he was too comfy!

best wishes for the birth! can't wait to see pictures and see her name!

Anonymous said...

It's quite funny, looks like a lot of people were induced in North America.

I don't know anyone over here. Maybe my cousin was, but her pragnancy was a risky one anyway. When you have one like that they do it but usually we take our time and just wait for it.

Andrew said it has something to do with the doctors over there, that you don't have enough and they need to plan their time.

I'll wait.

GMS said...

All 3 of mine were at least 7-10 days late & I don't remember induction even being discussed at the time. Of course, if you remember, the last was at home so that part didn't involve any travel time & we didn't even wake the 2 older ones till it was over.

Anonymous said...

I didn't have that decision to make with Brian. He was 1 week past the due date (if he had been on time he would have been born on Elvis' birthday). Went into labor, got to the hospital,then 5 hours later had emergency C-section done due to fetal distress. I understand (unless it's an old wives tale) that that the lst month is weight gain for the baby. If thats correct why have the little munchkin that much bigger by waiting. I'm a believer in following your instincts as well as the Doctor's advice. I know you'll make the correct decision for you and our #2 princess.