Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just in time!





We've been anticipating this moment most of the year. Yesterday , the Mockingbird branch library opened! ;) Did you think I was going to say something else?

It was wild being in a brand new library, with new unstained carpet, brand new shiny books, unscratched videos, beautiful shelves of movies and rooms, computers and children's area. There were about 400 people who braved the cold, but I bet not many of them walked over like we did- the parking lot was packed. They ran out of hotdogs, chips and hot chocolate by the time we had gotten our books and videos checked out, so Ivan was sorely disappointed about that and I had to make fake hot dogs, chips and choc. milk at home. They got to hear stories read and a clown was trying to get us to hulla hoop (including me- I kept telling her "no I can't hulla hoop right now" and showing her my lack of a waist and she finally got the drift). We watched a juggler make the first mess on the brand new carpet- he was juggling real eggs and dropped one. Well at least my kids didn't make the first spill! Then he brought out real knives to juggle and everyone moved back a little. At the end he said: "I have one more trick, but they no let me do it here at the library, it with fire." Yeah, Mr Omelet, that would make a bad first day at the brand new library that has been delayed half a year in opening. But it's just the right time for us. We live 2 blocks away. The older kids had no problem walking it with us today and I can put the baby in the stroller for a great weekly or bi-weekly or family outing. Plus they will bring materials from other libraries to the one that is closer to us or take our materials from the other libraries! Toddler reading time is Tues. so we're going to try to make the first one if baby is not here.


I've been trying to do fun things with the kids while we have the chance. Mom and I took them to the mall play area last week and they rode some rides. We went swimming Fri., maybe we'll try the jumpy air castle place or zoo or something this week. We'll see. Everything is a waiting game at this point.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how far I've gotten this week with my little contractions.

'Thanks for all your guesses. If you haven't put in your ideas as to when the baby will come or how big she will be, you can still go to the last post and put your two cents in. You will gain notoriety on this blog if you make the closest guess! Now isn't that enticing?

3 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

I knew you weren't writing about little E! I am excited that a librarian let us get in on toddler time registration (for 18 mos and older) when she will only be 13 mos. She is already bringing me books to read to her. I love that! I am glad that you have this great library so close to you! Now about those rides at the mall--you are not supposed to put money in them or you may never hear the end of it. (Ah well!)
Love you and am looking forward to some good news this week!

Anonymous said...

Uhm, I am late with the guessing, I guess.

I can't tell you pounds...but kilos...I guess she will be around 4kgs, which is too unfortunate for you.

Size? At least 30 cm, but maybe a bit more.

Name? Elena or Elenora, Elisabeth or Ella, Emma or Emily, Esther...but I like Enya very much too.

Ian said...

Congratulations on the completion of the play fort/swing/slide. Also I'm glad that your new library is open. Since your mom is not here I've been getting lots of reading done. I'm just finished reading my 4th book!
Give my love to everyone.