Thursday, January 29, 2009

My first day!






Today was my first no adult help day as a mom of three young children. It went a lot better than I had imagined. My intent was to get up at 7:30 after another feeding, but Brian had gotten the kids breakfast and plugged them in front of their morning video, so there was no screaming and I fell back asleep. I woke up at 9 feeling so refreshed! Emora slept while I got myself breakfast and Ivan and Dominique joined me for a second breakfast. They played nicely while I showered and got dressed. Big Buddy came home yesterday, so our plan was to go see him today. We had more feedings, getting everyone dressed and diapered, the kids listened to me read as I fed Emora and by noon we were heading out the door! We came back after some pics taken with Big Buddy and our tummy's telling us it was time for food again.

The kids went down for naps. That was amazing! Emora was actually the one who I had the hardest time getting down. I had to let her sleep on my chest. The kids loved to get me things for the baby and go help her if she started crying. That is good and not so good, like when they said they were putting their lips on her pacifier. Now she has a cold like the rest of the house. Welcome to the world, Emora. A week old and she's already got congestion issues. Dominique and I got the bathroom cleaned while Ivan still slept, which was amazing. He is usually the hardest to get down and the first to get up.

The kids enjoyed hanging out with me while I fed the baby after that and then Brian walked in the door. I suspect the novelty of the baby and her eating and getting dressed will not be quite so exciting after some months, but for now it is good that it is entertaining to Ivan and Dominique.

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

I'm glad you had a good first day alone with 3 kids. It's great that Big Buddy is back home too.

jenn with two n's said...

The pics are wonderful! Emora definitely is her own little person. So glad that the day went well! (Imogen didn't nap for Grandma Ruth at all today--maybe she wanted to make up for lost time.) It's great that Ivan and Dominique could help out in their own ways too. Glad that Mr.G. is home. He will have a lot of adjustments to make too.
Love you~all!

Jan Kelley said...

I love the pictues--the graphic ones and the word pictures. I can just visualize Ivan and Dominique putting their lips on Emora's pacifier. You precious girl, I am so happy for you and the home you and Brian have created. BTW who is Big Buddy?

Lin said...

I can't believe how big your little baby is! Is that really how big Harley was when she was little?! She is adorable, I wish I could just kiss those cheeks! It's so nice to have the kids helping, I'll keep hoping they continue on! Love you!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Jan- Big Buddy is our 91 year old neighbor and friend who has been in the hospital since before thanksgiving.