Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bon voyage grandpa Ian!


Grandpa Ian has to go back to Canada today. The kids had so much fun with him. Ivan said that he is so not excited that grandpa has to go and that this is a bad day. Of course they don't mind it so much right now since they are getting pushes on the swing as I type.


The kids liked to play board games with grandpa and build the fort with him and get pushed on the swings. At one point, mom and I even left the kids and grandpa in the car while we went in the store to get a few groceries. I was trying to hurry as I imagined anyone with 2 toddlers in a car for an extended period of time. They did have a huge bowl of pasta salad from a party we were just at, that they nearly demolished by the time we got back with a full cart. Apparently they found things to do as seen in these pics. When we arrived back to the car, Dominique was crawling in the back window and Ivan was in the front seat "driving". Grandpa didn't even seem distraught! He must have done this kid thing before!

We will miss playing Settlers of Catan and it feels like we hardly got to visit at all, but I guess we'll have to go back to settling for interaction through the net. I'm sure I'll get stronger arms pushing the kids on the swings or maybe I'll be able to teach them to pump!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who is having the most fun, Grandpa or grandkids? The bit of the fort showing in one pic sure looks good. How high is it off the grand? Leaving is so hard. I'm sire Grandpa Ian is reflecting on his visit on the ride home.

armacleod said...

Well if you had hours to spend (and if dad did too) and you had dedication and Skype with video set up, you could still play Catan with dad over the web. Dad could watch the game/board through the webcam, and someone there could do the actions for him. I don't know how you'd manage the dice but I'm certain you could figure it out.

jenn with two n's said...

We got Dad's luggage! Thanks for the beautiful gifts. We love the family photo so now you can post it! John and Dad cleaned up on Milles Bornes--Andrew and I may never hear the end of it. So this was Christmas #4 for us. We love you and are glad that Ivan and Dominique had some good times with Grandpa.