Tuesday, January 06, 2009

weird weather

Sat. it was hot here and Brian worked all day on the fort swing set. It is nearly done and I'll post pictures of the process at some point. In the meantime, I still have all these pictures from when dad was here, not to mention a bunch of totally awesome videos that I haven't been able to get to upload all week. I'm not sure why it's not working.

Monday morning, we woke up to the first rain we've had in 3 months. It was actually icy, rain. I woke up in the middle of the night and found little ice balls on the ground outside as it was raining. Brian was able to go with me to my doctor's appointment while mom kept the kids. I am dilated to a 2 now and so we wait. I'm sure that if I go a week past my due date on the 15th, my doctor will freak and have me induced, but she still has 10 days to make her due date.

Here is our family picture of 2008- which will soon need to be updated as we add another person to our mix! We are sitting on the bench where Brian proposed to me a little over 10 years ago.


We got the baby stuff out of storage and put together this weekend. Mom and the kids sterilized it all. My friend Tighe threw me a fabulous diaper shower Sunday. It was so great to have friends come and share stories, talk about and pray for the baby and her arrival. I can't believe how fast time is going by and that we will soon be on another grand baby adventure. We look forward to seeing her and getting to know who she is.

We are all enjoying the time we have with mom and she is spoiling us, much to our delight. She made us curried chicken this weekend, has been cleaning, singing to the kids and laughing with them. She just baked up some banana bread and muffins from a recipe out of deceptively delicious cookbook. Can you guess the secret ingredient? It's a vegetable. I'll tell you in the comments.

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

the banana bread and muffins had pureed cauliflower in them and they are delicious. Unfortunately they took a whole morning to make (we do have two toddlers here) and the treats are almost gone already! They are so delicious!

Ian said...

That sounds yummy to me. I miss you all. I tried to upload some video too but I think that the files are too large.

Carebear said...

i can't beleive how much you post! i can barely catch up, although i'm not on blogger world as often. you guys have such a precious family. happy new year!