Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Mom is awesome!






Having an extra set of adult hands around is so great! We took the kids to library time today and they enjoyed it so much. It was nice to do something from our old routine, since we have been so loosy-goosy right now and that has been hard on the kids. Then we went to 2 stores and for lunch. I could never have done all that on my own. Then mom scrubbed my cupboards! I've done that before (they are white- or are supposed to be) but not in a while and they needed it. Last week she did about 10 loads of laundry- sheets, comforters and even pillows were cleaned. So wonderful.

Have you heard of women having weird pregnancy dreams? I had a dream that I had 4 babies in me to deliver and our daughter was last. I had to deliver my friend's son Isaiah (who is 2 1/2 years old) and a set of twins, then our daughter who is about to make her appearance. The dream was so real that when I had a contraction this morning, my first thought was "oh, no- all those babies to give birth to". Then I realized that I only had this one daughter and was so thankful!

While others are anxious for me to have our third, I've been enjoying getting some things done little by little. I have some pages to her baby book done and hope to be able to work on painting her clock some more before her arrival.

1 comment:

GMS said...

MOM'S ARE AWESOME!

It's great to know you have another adult around to help at this special time, especially your own mother.