Monday, January 12, 2009

Everything is coming together




Here are the pictures of Brian putting the final touches on the swing/fort set and the finished project. It is amazing and is way nicer than what I imagined we'd have. The kids are loving it and I know it will be so helpful when the baby comes.

I got a lot of pages made for the baby book this weekend, and got some of her clock painted last night. Other moms clean house and I should, ours is a wreck, but lucky for Brian (ha,ha), he did not marry someone who nests with cleaning, but one who invents creative work for herself instead.



I had a major glitch with her baby book. Our printer has been having major attitude and I won't print color, so I've been coloring and making the pages pretty by collages etc. Since there was so much glue and pasted pictures... I thought I'd better laminate the pages to keep it all together. I feel bad even writing this, but when I laminated her first page of sonogram pictures- the pics turned all black! Yep, I erased her first ever pics. Told you it was bad. I did go back on my blog and find two of them though and printed out poor copies from there and today at my doctor appointment, I asked them to make a copy and got a picture they hadn't even given us- so I do have some documentation and a new pic.- that makes up for it right?

My appointment went well. Baby was moving a lot. The doc. asked if I wanted to keep waiting (I'm dilated to a 3.5) or be induced. I told her she'd be born Thurs. Thurs. would actually be great. Brian is finishing up his first flipped house Wed. afternoon (if all goes well) and is taking his birthday off. Mom volunteered to keep the kids so we could go out. Wed. night and I could get some more painted on her clock. I can't believe the projects we were going to do before her birth are getting done! I'm so excited about that. Mom has been such a huge help! We even have some muffins baked- because a nursing mom is a hungry mom!

We took the kids to the zoo today and it was so nice. Perfect weather and so fascinating. I could spend a whole day there. Half a day with the monkeys and the other half with everything else. I got some great pics I'll need to share.

Tomorrow we hope to take the kids to the first toddler reading time at the new library!! So fun.

We are trying to do fun stuff with the kids while we can. I think Ivan is the one with the biggest problem adapting. He turned into a troll tonight and has been very unbearable, but transitions are not his strongest suit. With Dominique, he was so small, he didn't notice all that much, but he knows there is major change now and while he's excited, it seems to be throwing him off too. Pray he'll adapt well and have peace and joy about our new baby.

4 comments:

Davis Family said...

Ivan is going to take one look at his precious baby sister and fall in love - that is what I'll pray!

trish said...

You have such a beautiful life!

Ian said...

Great job on getting your blogging done Angela; I'm impressed. I'm glad that the play fort got finished; it looks great.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all of the energy you have now. By this time 38 years ago I just wanted to sleep and eat. Projects, no way I don't think I could have focused. Ivan will be A OK when she gets here. I think it might be hard not getting that extra attention for a while, but there will be 3 to share the time of 1 mom. We'll pray, and God will take care.