Tuesday, January 13, 2009

visit to the zoo

Here are the pictures from our visit to the zoo. Aren't the monkeys hilarious? They came right up to where we were on the other side of the glass window like they wanted to crawl into our laps.

Big Buddy is still in the hospital. It's been so long and it doesn't seem as though they are in a hurry to let him leave. I used to joke that I'd race him out, but that's not so funny anymore because it looks like I'll be in and home before he will.

Last night I had so many contractions, I thought she'd come early, but then I woke up and they calmed down. So we went to the first toddler reading time at the new library- got even more books and played puzzles, discovered that there are no headsets for the kid games on the computers, so they added it to their list of things to add. Always glad we can help out.

I had wanted to vacuum the floors today, but mom did it for me and we are all so thankful for it. When I vacuum, I run it over the carpets and rugs. Mom had the hand attachment and was doing all the furniture and at the edges of the walls. She filled up a garbage bag and when we didn't have a replacement on hand, emptied it out manually and went at it again! The house is now all clean and beautiful and I got to work on the baby's clock. It is nearly done!!!

We went out to see Brian at the practically finished house. They may have a full day or just half a day of it tomorrow. It looks so great! I knew it would look good, but it's still shocking to see how nice it is having seen what an ugly wreck it was at first. They even planted shrubs and flowers, which is the first thing mom noticed.

He is taking his birthday off on Thurs. and the next couple of days off, so baby- you can come now, well not now, but in about 36 hours.

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Grandma looks great with the kids. We love grandmas! Come on BABY! I vote for Brian's birthday too! So does John--he also is going for Ivan's guess on the name or a variation of that. and Mystery Man says 8 lbs. 14 oz --is she is overdue we have to add ounces!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

OK Ange it's 1-14-09 tne 15th 5 and a half hours way. After midnight it's time to put the peddle to the medal and give Brian a big beautiful birthday gift!