Monday, May 01, 2006

Before and After pics.



Another big project is done, 2 more big ones to go and a bunch of little jobs.

We painted the front room this week. That is, Brian scraped and painted. Ivan and I occasionally peeped in to ooo and ahh. Saturday my big part came up. The walls, ceiling and very labor intensive triangles coming down from the roof were complete, the paint fumes were not overly intense and I had a few hours free, so I painted clouds on the ceiling. I really needed more time, but we were heading out for the evening, so I learned to mass produce my clouds and finished up that afternoon, scraped some paint off my arms and went out!

Here is the new room. When the guy at the store first put the paint sample on the can, I thought it would be way too light. It looked like white when we wanted green, but the finished product is just what we wanted. The room is actually brighter than before, with washable paint (the real reason we painted) and a cheery, summery, light green color.


It's hard to tell here that the walls are green, so you'll just have to come visit to see for yourself. We are booked in July, but the rest of the year is pretty much free!

7 comments:

Ian said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it. In our life group I mentioned your blog and how encouraging your comments and observations on your "Heavenly Shudders" was and even how I looked up your link to "the homeless guy" and found interesting information there.
Jennifer encouraged me to tell you so I am!
Love dad

Anonymous said...

wow that looks great! is that the baby's room, or Ivan's room?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Dad- glad you are enjoying the blog. Yeah, the homeless guy's blog is really good. He's recommended several books we are trying to find.

Deana- sorry, I didn't make that clear did I? The new painted room will be Ivan's. The baby room is going to stay as is. It is brighter colors with yellow walls and darker blue ceiling with clouds and different painted pictures on the wall about different promises, with sheep and a mural with deer. Once we had that room painted (a major project), we decided it was unisex and for keeps!

Kimberley said...

Ange the walls look great. Please feel free to come and visit me and maybe I'll finish painting the bathroom before you get here!

GMS said...

Remember Grandpa Ray will probably be visiting you mid September. Still need to find out definite dates. Not so sure about me.
Ivan will learn to love his new big boy room.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

kim- I know I'll get there one day and I know it will be beautiful, Jen gave me the heads up!

GMS- yipee! I didn't know about Sept. Awesome, he'll get to see little #2. You'll have to make it down too, grandma, Ivan loves to sing with you ;)

Lady J said...

WOW...where do you get your creative energy? And do you have any to spare?! Looks wonderful! Ivan will love his new space!!!