Saturday, May 13, 2006

Snaps: cute and quirky vol.5


I can tell the pregnancy is nearing it's end because I dream of owning a bed made of clouds, so soft it would just lightly sustain a body in the horizontal position. Instead, I just tried the couch. Ivan must have identified with me, 'cause he kept waking up every 20 minutes, so we both hit the couch. He was quite happy to sleep on my head most the night-- think clouds, clouds, I would tell myself as his sweaty face smooched into mine. Of course, sometime near morning, we both got comfortable and started sleeping better.







Trying out the B-1 bomber at the park.
































The wild flowers are absolutely breathtaking this time of year. Indian paintbrushes (bright red flowers), buttercups (seen here) and even flowering cactus abound.










Ivan loves reading at this point and is known to even recruit visitors to our home to read him a book or two. He is even requesting longer books which he didn't have the patience for before. Of course, one long book he likes that I always shortened is now good in the long version since daddy discovered it can be read rap style. Sorry, no video available for that ever- I make a very pitiful attempt at rap, but he likes it so I try!

3 comments:

GMS said...

April discovered that a body pillow helped when carrying the twins, but, together, they weighed less than my youngest did.
I do remember that even digestion gets worse.
Of course waking every few hours gets you prepared as best you can for the time after when they wake and eat that often.
RIGHT????

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures! I bet you are getting uncomfortable...the end is the hardest!!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

The weird thing is that to me, I'm so small. I've only gained 20lbs this time as opposed to 45lbs total with Ivan. I mean I lost 20 lbs just giving birth to Ivan! I'm sure I'll gain some still in these last 7 weeks, and I'm not complaining, but I've realized the uncomfortableness has less to do with the amount of weight gain as opposed to just being pregnant!

This has really given me more compassion for people who are overweight and for the elderly. Big Buddy says his feet and legs hurt him constantly and give him shooting pains. At least I know mine will go away in a couple of months! And carrying around even this much extra weight has got to be brutal if it was always. I'm glad I've never had to deal with all that. I certainly don't have an ideal figure, but I'm just happy I don't have to struggle with health issues, weight problems or image struggles. I figure, what you see is what you get, if you don't like the way I look, I don't care, unless you're my husband, then I care some!!