Saturday, May 27, 2006

A tea party!

Ivan is so very excited about the baby. If I ask where baby_____ is, he pulls up my shirt and sticks the side of his head to my belly. He's started singing a couple of notes over and over to her and the other night sang her a song, some parts with unintelligible syllables, and others just humming notes. He must have laid there 10 min. (until I moved him off), feeling her kick and I guess sensing her presence.

In preparation for our daughter and since Nanna had just sent us a tea set, we figured we should have our first tea party. I didn't pull out hats or dresses, but I think my guys are pretty much ready for our girl. Of course I was never much into hats, dresses, purses or make-up, so she'll just have to be satisfied with a tea party or two without all the froo froo.

5 comments:

Lady J said...

Very cute! My lil guy loves tea parties, and we just had one too not long ago. I also have pics of it and am still trying to find the time to blog about it! Where do you get your time from?! I NEED to know!!! I'm waitin for baby no#2...then maybe she'll steal some of your time and I'll be able to keep up w/ you on my blog! I can't even get one/week done, let alone one/day! You are Super-Mom!!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Netts, I'll let you in on a secret... When Ivan goes to bed at night, I have some time, but I often download pics at once and write about 3 or more posts. Then I save them as drafts and all I have to do is post it the day I want to. It seems to take less time that way. Also, to post video, just go to youtube.com and sign up for free, they walk you through uploading, then copy and paste the code they give you and voila! They make these things easy for us non-techs!

Lady J said...

Oh...that is your secret! Here is my secret...when Harrison goes to bed at night (he's a bit of a night owl!) I am usually so exhausted that I am not far behind him! So maybe my question should be, where do you get your energy, instead of where do you get your time?!

Anonymous said...

I think the thing i loved most was seeing him use his sign language what a smart boy. how many does he know? wow jac only knows two, milk and more. And what a stick player! he is amazing!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

netts- I am a very priviledged person with lots of help, but I may get back to you on that one, I'm reading a book that makes a lot of sense...

lin- not many, I'm afraid we haven't been dilligent at it. He knows: more, full, food/hungry, please, and thank-you. I need to look up more signs, although we are able to understand quite a bit from other clues!