Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Shasha!

For the last month or so, Ivan has been fixated on his little aunt Shasha. We hadn't seen her in a while, which was why it was weird that he kept saying her name over and over again everyday. I took it as a sign to talk to the Lover about her. I think Ivan has really played a huge part in helping her because for the first time, she was honest with me about some stuff in her life when we met last week. We got to hang out with her again tonight and Ivan was so excited to see her, as you can tell from the following video! Also note his own special pronunciation of "momma". Brian calls it his italian accent. And no, we're not Italian!

When it was time to go, Shasha and I snuck away without telling the guys, thinking that we would avoid an Ivan meltdown if he didn't know we'd left. Apparently when we were gone, Brian and Ivan came back to an empty house and then the "Shasha! Shasha!" rant started. When I walked back in the door without her, he really freaked out and kept looking out the door and crying for her. So, we made a phone call and he got to say bye-bye and night-night and gave her kisses over the phone.

Shasha told me tonight that she is never having kids, because they are bad, but secretly, she loves Ivan just as much as he's enthralled with her. To prove my point, when I picked her up tonight without Ivan, the first words out of her mouth were: "where's Ivan?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love these videos! Momma Mia!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh mein godness, how cute is that?! I love those videos too. He is doing so great and it's wonderful how Saba gets along with Ivan.
Funny, Shasha is looking not too happy about the video. Maybe she was tired???

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Shasha is a teenager, thus the negative body language. She had told me that she didn't want to be video taped, so that didn't help! Ivan really doesn't care how she is acting though, he just goes nuts about her. I've gotten tons of good video lately, so there's more ahead! Stay tuned- ha, ha.

GMS said...

You know we will all stay tuned.
It is great to be in touch in this way and
the videos help a great deal.

Lady J said...

Love the videos...someday I'll get it! You always were way smarter than me!