Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bebe


Ivan loves babies. He calls them the french or spanish way: bebe. My friend and her two daughters stopped by the other day. We had a fun time together and I was getting excited about having a little girl, especially since Ivan was so mesmerized by little baby Analuz. He wanted to watch her sleep and would crouch down to see her real good. He also woke her up accidentally when he lost his balance and touched her arm. I may have some of that in my future too, but I am praying for the best that the siblings will be close and loving and not fight too much.

Another sibling set from down the street visit pretty often and they are a boy and girl 2 years apart. They are so sweet. They go everywhere together and play well together and sing songs about loving each other! I'm not kidding. They also tell us about fierce fights they have, but the older boy feels bad about it and we've talked to the Lover together about helping him to be kinder to his sister. They've said it's helped.

At our last dr. visit, Ivan saw a lady leave with a baby in a carrier and he started shouting "bebe, bebe, bebe" obviously wanting us to have that one. I told him we'd have our own in just a little while now!

How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the line-up? Did you get along? What was the best thing your family did to help you get along?

4 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I have a younger brother and sister, which makes me the oldest. Mom and dad always said we would be friends when we got older and they were right. I think we fought quite a bit. I remember dad getting to a point where he said we had to work it out on our own. I'm not sure if that helped, did it Jenn? Andrew is 6 years younger, so it was harder to play with him since he was so much younger, we did dress him up lots and were mean at times, but I also remember fun times. I think it was good our parents did a lot with us all together, so we played together.

Anonymous said...

I am the second of 6 kids! We were forced to get along or work it out ourselves before running and tattling!

Anonymous said...

I have an older brother (Peter). He is two years ahead of me and so I am the little one in the family. We had some realy good fights about almost everything. Ok, everything. *g*
What did my family do so we get better along? Nothing, not that I can remember. They just waited for us being grown up. *lol*
It helped that I went to Oklahoma for that year, since then we are doing good. And I live in Chemnitz, he is in Leipzig. I think the distance is good but I miss him.

Lady J said...

I am the oldest of 2 girls by only 20 mos. We started out close, then went through that awful fighting about everything stage, which makes us pretty normal I guess, then we hit the teen years which is awkward at best for everyone...maybe too much estrogen and competition, although I only remember one fight over the same guy! (neither of us got the guy, but for the record, he picked me up first!!!) We both now live in Calgary, however our lives are very different, along with our values and priorities...I am the single soccer-mom devoted to everything that involves my son, she lives in a condo downtown with her professional boyfriend and no children...too sheeshee-poopoo for moi!!! We are just opposites with little in common, however we get along OK now, but are not close. She is good to Harrison and that is all I really care about...maybe he'll be closer to her than I am!