Monday, May 08, 2006

Tired of dr. updates?



We had another visit today. It looks like we won't have another sonogram unless there are complications, which we don't want! So I took these pics of other babies at 33 weeks off the internet. The Dr. says our daughter is little maybe about 3lbs. She said this is a normal weight for this stage and everything is going fine (of course, it's not necessarily normal for me). They did some blood work to make sure I'm alright vitamin-wise before the birth. It's weird thinking this baby could be so much smaller than Ivan. I just figured all our babies would be huge. Good thing mom will be here, this one may zoom out fast. I told the dr. mom was going to be here for a window of time and so the baby needed to come then and she said we could talk about inducing as I get further along. Well, she can talk all she wants, I'm not doing it! Sorry mom, I love you, but if the baby's not ready, she's not ready. That's my opinion. Besides, if she's petite, the dr. won't have to worry about her being too big!

Brian and I are thinking our boy's body type is more like the MacLeod giants and our girl favors his size, which is more lean and less stocky. I always did feel a little clunky growing up. I was placed on the backrow with all the boys for school pictures while my friends sat in the front row in dainty outfits. When I had all my ringuette equipment on (like hockey), I was really huge and dad told me how parents would gasp upon seeing me skate onto the ice, thinking about their little daughters going against me. Of course, the little skaters were frustrating to me, 'cause I could never catch them. Mom said I only wanted flat shoes, not even running shoes because "they had heels" and I can actually remember walking hunched over so that I could hear what my friends were saying!

My size has had it's benefits though and as I've gotten older, I tend to blend in better. I played hockey several years on all mens teams and the oponents were always shocked to discover as we congratulated each other on the game that I was a girl. My team always knew of course, but not others. I don't have to use stepping stools in my house and can pretty much dust even the ceiling by going on my tiptoes. Plus, I now proudly proclaim the mantel mom said over me, which I thought very unflattering in 7th grade, but now gives me an upper edge. She said at age 12 or so that I had child bearing hips! Well, indeed I do and I'll keep them thank-you. With this girl possibly being "a more regular" birth weight, this may come even easier this time!

In our looks obsessed culture, do you tend to worry about your size/height/weight? do you like your size? or not really care or think about it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I don't worry too much about my size and weight. I try not to gain too much, but I like food and so I eat. Not like too much but when I like it I eat it. (My family cooks really good, that's the "problem".)

I hate it when little kids run around and think they are too fate and start to puke. That is so ... argh.
And I don't like it that the most cloth stors think that all women are perfect and all. You never find something that actually fits you.

Lady J said...

Nothing I can do about my height, but that's OK as it's not my height I'm worried about! I am not happy with my current weight, but am doing something about that! No more chocolate/sugar, only snacking on raw veggies, drinking more water, started walking in the (very) early mornings before work (so like 5:30am UGH!), starting Yoga this week and am trying to get on a community women's soccer team! That should do it...shouldn't it?! Let's hope so as those unwanted pounds (hopefully!) melt away!!!!