Tuesday, January 18, 2011

transformations

Here is my neighbor's tree in the fall of this year. It gave me so much joy to look out my kitchen window and watch it's colors change.

A few days ago, we had a thick frost and the world was transformed once again into a winter wonderland. The tree was filled with frost and once again looked so pretty against the blue sky. I am really enjoying having seasons again. I know that eventually the tree will start to bud, then fill with leaves, then undergo it's colorful transformation again. It's a nice rhythm and so nice to be gifted with a glimpse of beauty out the window- whatever the season.

Speaking of transformations... I've told you Emora likes to dress up right? She did this herself. She'll be 2 on Thursday. It seems like that was an eternity ago, with all the changes we have faced. She was born in our other life, in Abilene. And yet I know it was not so long ago at all.



Ivan made a couple of bird seed ornaments for the tree outside. The birds haven't quite clued into them yet, although down the street a lady has a feeder and a whole flock will stop and devour it all. He has his first test tomorrow- spelling. He should do super well on it if he will try to work at a regular speed (he likes to be super slow) and if he remembers which way the letter "p" faces.



I've introduced you to our kitchen right? It's the smallest kitchen known to mankind I'm sure, apart from when I lived in a dorm about twice the size of this and the kitchen was my microwave and a mini fridge I guess. It's not such a problem, except when all three of the kids want to help me with cooking and the dog wants to be right there too! Yeah, let's say that gets interesting. I usually let them do computer games while I cook to keep them occupied, but Ivan is not interested in the computer these days and Dominique (who wants to be on it non stop) is banned for the week as a punishment for lying to us 3 days in a row! It's driving her batty and me nearly, but we only have a day left and she is doing much better at telling the truth.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Well, at least the kitchen has a dishwasher & a couple of helpers.
Too bad about the lying but, hopefully, the punishment will help the truth to come out.

Davis Family said...

You'll have to borrow one of my favourite sayings, "GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN." I didn't realize how often I say it until Bronwyn started yelling it to the others when she was playing with her kitchen set in the basement. OOPS!