Monday, January 10, 2011

Gorgeous, gorgeous day








Two concepts that I always held about Saskatchewan have been obliterated. Growing up here I thought it was always sunny and that it was a very dry place. Then I moved to Abilene and learned what dry really meant. Even then, I knew that Arizona was far worse. We'd come visit Sask. in the summers and it would rain, proving to me that it was not as dry as I'd always believed. When it rained in Texas, we would either go out and dance in it or at least go onto the porch to watch it, record it, smell it...

My other idea that has been blasted out the waters is that it is always sunny here. This may be an off year, and I'm truly hoping that is the case, but it's been very gloomy here so far. Not sure if a lot of that has to do with being by lots of lakes and a river or not. So when the sun does make an appearance, it transforms our world. It goes from dreary and depressing, to resplendent all at once and it calls us out for a little walk if we can. That was what happened last week. I just had to go explore a little as the sun led us on. We walked a block away and found another city snow dump location on the banks of the river. Then followed the alley to another lot where we were so dazzled with beauty. However, by that time, I couldn't really adventure any more, I had frozen popsicle children crying at me to go home, so it was a short walk, but so worth it. Check out tomorrow's pics for the best scenes I've glimpsed so far this winter. So amazing and only a couple of blocks away!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Sask IS a sunny spot! That's what helps you get through the winter. If you think it's cloudy there, try Vancouver - blah! Enjoy your sunshine.

Ian said...

Great pictures. Thank you for reminding me why I like winter.