Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another hobbling day

We are still limping along. My knee is getting stronger and stronger. I'm hoping that by the end of next week it will not hurt anymore and I'll be able to resume some of my more regular activity, like walking to get Ivan at school and maybe my pilates videos. I am anxious to try skating, but figure I should wait a good month or at least see how it's doing with my regular exercising before trying something that I haven't done in years!

Since I've been at home, non stop and I can walk some, I figured we would try to do potty training once again. My sister had read a book about potty training in a day. While I didn't get the book, I looked up online what they had to say and one idea was to give her a doll that she teaches to go potty with.

That is how I would convince her to take naps and I'd never thought of using the tactic for the potty. It has made a big difference. Before I would suggest she try the potty and it would be a power struggle she would fight me on (she would even fight me on changing her wet diaper). Now she is mostly excited to take her baby to the potty and make smiley faces on their chart. A couple of times she's still fought me, but she's also used the potty WAY more than before and once said that the baby needed to go potty when she had to go. She has never told me when she has to go before the fact, so this was huge! Speaking of, she just woke up from nap and is crying, so I better go. Maybe her baby needs to use the potty too!! ;)

4 comments:

GMS said...

Good role play & glad to hear you can actually get up & answer her cry for help.

Ian said...

Go Emora!

jenn with two n's said...

Yay Emora and Dollly! Hope your recovery continues to go well. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Says a lot for who holds the power.mom