Tuesday, January 04, 2011

looks like a lot of milk

Dominique said as we walked outside today that the snow looks like milk and so Ivan proceeded to eat some. In that case, it looks very milky lately. But we've had some "warm" snaps, so it has also been fun to get out and play. Here we were out at mom and dad's near Saskatoon. The thing I hate most about getting out, is that Emora doesn't enjoy it much. She has a hard time walking around as an overstuffed snowsuit, falls over a lot and can't get up, so she really just wants me to carry her.


Today we did some errands in town. I drove us to main street by where we were getting bread (locally made at the bakery 10 loaves for $10- we are figuring out local specials), then the kids and I walked to the library and post office.


Of course Emora didn't want to walk, plus she is slow. I should have brought my wagon or a sled. Instead, I ended up carrying her the whole way. It wasn't so bad- gives me strong arms and just a bit of a workout.

I really need to get back to my workouts. I took a major break for the last several weeks and feel like a slug. The New Year has begun, time to get back to routines and order!

In the meantime, the kids enjoyed skating Monday and we'll go again tomorrow with some of the cousins. Today I wanted to make pumpkin waffles for breakfast, and didn't quite get up that early, so I made them for a late lunch.

We had Christmas again today as Dominique's and the last of Emora's gifts finally came in the mail. Emora got a move and grove video and Dominique got several beginner dance videos. So far she watched Prima Ballerina "the Nutcracker" and really loved it. They watch sections of the real ballet with explanations from a little ballerina character and in between sections are taught to do the ballet moves. It's really cool and a much cheaper alternative than actual classes.

Ivan has been practicing his guitar some. He has a goal of learning Johnny Cash's song "ring of fire" because his principal played it for their music class. So far he has learned 2 chords- G and D. He has also decided that he needs a strap- so we decided he can pay for it too! The stinker. He is driving us all bonkers and I'm counting down the hours until he is back at school! I mean we love having him home, but he has too much energy for our little house and only lasted 5 minutes outside the other day. I thought skating would have worn him out, but he still had a never ending supply that wanted to spill out in terrorizing his sisters, throwing things in the house and playing indoor light sabers. I've always thought he was on the calmer side for a boy, but some days I take that back. However, I'm very thankful that he's not on the more hyper side of the spectrum!!

No comments: