Friday, January 07, 2011

partying in the new year

I have a lot of pics from new years so I'll have to share them in a couple of different posts. This was an amazing moment when we'd arrived back in Fort Qu'Appelle. There were still a bunch of gifts there for us. Meet my cousin's daughters: Victoria (the tall red head- age 16), Moira (next to her with curly hair) and Arwen (the youngest girl). Victoria decided to make all of us presents and had her sisters help her. She made the guys matching ties (and for her other uncle and nephew), and I got an apron, the girls got stuffed animals. Incredible I tell you. At 16 I think I could make myself an ice cream sunday and that was about it.

Except it doesn't end there. She also made her sister a kimono! Yeah, can we say "WOW!" Did I also mention that she does theater and dances? These girls are all so fun. They are part Japanese and thus the interest also.




We're not sure what all Dominique is. She is a lot of things, among them UNIQUE! I'm not always sure if it's good to let her choose what she wants to wear. I figure we may direct her a little more come time for school... or not!! Hey, she's happy and warm, maybe even a little color blind? or color happy?

The kids with auntie Andrea (they have 2 auntie Andreas now) in their new pyjamas to wear for the sleepover with all the aunties, uncles and cousins in the same house! oh, yeah, I told you it was fun!!!

2 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Angela!!!
I just found your blog again! I'm excited to read about your family and all the new adventures!

Love, Brandi

Nana said...

Where are they gong to wearing their ties to?