Thursday, January 27, 2011

Big little steps

The kids are surviving mommy recovery time. They are still having fun terrorizing each other, creating, discovering, loudly dancing, singing, playing, arguing.



Here Emora was in the "house" the kids were making. It consisted of piles and piles of blankets, toys, books, all sorts of things they were hauling to put under the table as their "house". I think Brian is ready for his own little "house" away from the piles and noise and chaos.

Good news is, that some new skills are developing. Here Dominique was making her and Emora's lunches all by herself (OK, I cut up their apple- but she got all the stuff out and made sandwhiches all by herself, I think Saba was in charge of cleanup).


Emora is so cute these days it's crazy. She is enjoying wearing her big cousin's clothes and acting all grown up, except she doesn't want to use the potty. I'm figuring once I can function again, we will get back to working on that skill.

My big triumphs today were to shower and get dressed, plus I can now hobble around without my crutches. It still tires out both my legs though and I'm mentally zapped pretty quick too. So- here's to naps, my husband, new skills, healing and sanity!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Well, Miss Dominique, you are really independent! Yeah for our big princess!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are coming along, slow as it seems. Enjoy the break. Tell Dominique big hair styles and big responsibilities go hand in hand.Glad she figure it out.Mom .

Ian said...

Get better soon!

Davis Family said...

I think you are awesome!! I'd be loosing my mind with frustration. Yeah for super Angela!

Brandi Wilson said...

Dominique's hair so dang cute like that!

I hope your knee heals fast fast fast!

(Until then...enjoy being taken care of!)