Friday, January 21, 2011

Surgery day!

Brian took some pictures of the place to show you how high our snow banks are getting. He should have put one of the kids beside it so you would get a better perspective. The tall snow piles are taller than them. You can see with the truck that it is up to the top of the truck bed or so, and here we are not even done January. Dominique was asking me when summer will get here. On a day like today, we are all asking the same question. It was minus 33 C, which is crazy cold for you Fareinheit folks.






Our little quinzee is in this big pile. We need to dig it out some more. The girls would be able to stand up inside it then, but I'm waiting for the temps to get a little bit nicer. Brian said they are predicting -1 C for Sunday. I'll believe it when I see it. He said they are also predicting lots of flooding come spring. It flooded last year and all this snow has got to go somewhere, so I would not be surprised. Brian was extremely glad he put the sump pump in when he'd heard that. For those of you who don't know, a sump pump sucks water out from under the house's foundation once it gets to a certain level. We knew that would be a good idea, when we saw water right up to the foundation when we first moved in, in Aug.



As you read this, I will actually be undergoing knee surgery or somewhere in recovery, maybe even on my way home! I'm not sure how mobile I will be, so the kids and I tried to prepare some. We made muffins and have a couple of meals set, laundry done (ok, they didn't help with that part, and Brian did a lot, when the washer quit working on us this morning at 7am, yeah, that's for another story!)



We loaded up on some chapter books, have some movies we could watch and soup in the fridge, so no matter the temps and my mobility or lack thereof, we will be set to face what ever comes.

5 comments:

GMS said...

Prayers are being prayed.
I did not realize your surgery was today.
Keep in touch.

Deana said...

Hope all goes perfectly well with your surgery, and you're back to playing in the snow in no time!

Davis Family said...

Praying your surgery goes well and you are up and running in no time!

Nana said...

Knee surgery,and a broken washer with 3 kids, I don't which is worse! Hope your recovery is going well.

Olivia said...

I didn't know you were having problems. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing ok. The healing part is always the hardest! But you are smart to prepare before hand, and I know the kids and Brian will help you recover quick.