Friday, January 21, 2011

Surgery update

Surgery went really well, I guess. I'm feeling ok anyways. We'll see how my knee goes after the effects of recent surgery wear off. I had the best nap of my entire life! I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before, there were several interruptions, one of which was Emora from 2am until 5am! The alarm went off at 6am and we were on the road by 6:30. The road was not a friendly place. Mom said there was a fatal accident on a road to the South of Regina. We were coming from the SE and while they weren't slippery, visibility was a bit rough, with it still being dark and the wind blasting snow across the highway, but it cleared up some after Balgonie and we made it at the exact time they told us to be there.



The nurses were so nice. I was pretty relaxed about the whole thing, except when the doctor asked what my questions were that I had been contacting him all week about and I just as quickly forgot what they all were once again. Ah, well, I asked the nurses some of them when I remembered and prayed that the best thing would be done.


He removed part of my meniscus, which never sounds like a good idea to me (removing body parts), but it's not like my knee was doing so good before and I did see on the internet, which is also what the doc said that repairing a meniscus tear isn't all that possible, especially considering my tear is a good 1 1/2 years old. They recommend repairing them in the first 2 weeks of getting one!


I'm at home now with crutches and codene. Brian is trying to corral the kids and cater to me. I give him A+ for effort, C+ for success rate ;) ah, well, the kids are pretty rowdy, it's not really a one person job. Ivan had a blast sleeping over at Arwen's house and the girls enjoyed playing at our neighbor's Char's house with her teens coming over to be in the house at 6:30, until they woke up and Char taking care of them and her other 2 kids the rest of the day.

Brian just told the kids to find a game that does not involve throwing things, making a mess, jumping on the furniture or running around. They are not sure what else there is to do! ha, ha, ha. Welcome to mommy world babe. Really, he already knew what it's like, but usually when it gets like this, he escapes down to the basement and starts slapping plaster on the walls.

Also, I'm considered "impaired" for the next 24 hours! What fun! I was told not to drive, operate machinery or sign any important documents. Sounds so serious ;) Do you think I've had too much codene yet? I need another one of those fancy naps they gave me! Hum, maybe while I'm on the computer I'll make a sign for my door "Sorry kids, the momma is off duty!"

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Glad it went ok and that you are safe at home. Hoping that your recovery goes smoothly and quickly. love to you and those kiddos--and Brian too!

Olivia said...

AHHHHHH-HAAAA! That is SOOOOO funny. I love it. Who cares about the house right? Just relax and watch the "show" of Brian corraling the kids!