Thursday, January 13, 2011

a little excitement for our week



It's going to be a be a bit of a crazy week, but in exciting ways. We have several fun activities planned for the weekend, the biggest of which will be a birthday bash for Brian and Emora. Brian is turning 40!!! and Emora will be 2 next week.

We are getting a children's reading/singing/rhyme time starting up at the Outreach, like our old library time.


And I'm as of this morning, scheduled for knee surgery next week. Looking forward to kicking off this year with a fixed knee and getting to do activities I love again- skating, swimming and maybe skiing some day!!


Dominique was having fun trying out Ivan's guitar. She wants her own guitar or instrument, really she's been talking about playing violin since we were in Abilene, so if she sticks with that idea, we told her maybe she can start on that when she's 6 like Ivan is.

OK, I better get a little someone down for her nap. By the way- sleep is important! I didn't realize how sleep deprived I was, but yesterday I was just so tired. Reading to Dominique and barely keeping my eyes open, then when the kids were getting ready for bed, I crashed and slept for 11 hours! I feel like a whole new person today! Amazing. And I got to start my day in the stillness before the kids were up. It was glorious. I still can't believe though that I was in bed at 8:30. I don't think I've done that since I was a kid, or in bed all day sick!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Princess Dominique will be able to do everything she puts her mind to. She's just wired that way. Still love her haircut. Suits her to a T.