Saturday, June 27, 2009


What am I doing? I should be in bed, not typing up a quazillion posts for you to read while I'm gone. I'm either crazy, or a mom, or a crazy mom- but aren't they all? Yep, I love them and I love you, so that's why we're here. This one is to all our friends in Texas. Hope you are not sweltering in the heat. I'm sure that as you read this, we are enjoying wonderfully sane temperatures, as compared to those in the panhandle state.

If you are in Abilene, in the summer, with toddlers, a big recreation is to find ways to keep cool. Some of those ways is to play in the pool or to go to the mall-- boo hiss (I hate malls). But if you take a toddler, or two, or 5, you can't actually shop (which is the part I hate). However, you absolutely have to stop at the play area, you may be finaggled into letting them ride the rides and if it's a really special day, as it was this time, you may even stop for a bite to eat. In this case, the mall is a great place. Out of the heat, cool, refreshing and relatively cheap.


The kids riding a trolley toy at the mall.

2 comments:

GMS said...

GREAT FUN!

And we do appreciate you sharing. Can't wait to see & hear about Canada, too, though.

Ian said...

What a dedicated mom!