Thursday, June 04, 2009


I looked at Dominique's baby book and discovered that Emora is 2 lbs heavier than her sister was at the same age! That's a lot at this age. I may actually end up with one of those chubby, cute babies. My other two were born big, but slimmed down. They never had that cute baby chub and rolls in the legs. Emora seems to be much chunkier. She gobbled up her new foods today and yesterday- applesauce and oatmeal baby cereal. It took 2 feedings of both over 2 days, but she finally got herself unplugged! I know you all like these gory details, otherwise, why do you keep coming back to read and be tortured like this? ha,ha!

I'm loving our new phones and camera. We used an old telephone for a few days and when you revert to past technology, you realize just how spoiled you have become. The ring tone on the old unit grated on my nerves and I had to keep looking up numbers, listening to it dial and I couldn't break up fights between kids while on the phone (not that that ever happens), because I was corded to the desk. Oh, the suffering of my life those days without a cordless phone. Pathetic isn't it? Really, other people in the world would be most happy for some clean water, yet alone a better phone or digital camera!! Nonetheless, I am thankful for our new ones and mindful of the fact that I am IMMENSELY privileged.

Smacky has brought us presents the last 2 mornings. Apparently she has found herself a sport she enjoys. Anyone got a snake to feed that wants fresh food each morning? You are welcome to it. PLEASE come to my front step, in front of my door each morning and you are welcome to the catch of the night.


A few weeks ago, we got to see our friend Mary and they painted some pretty pictures, then grandma Wynetta had us over for a picnic.






Here are some pictures from an outing we had as a family to the zoo. It was pretty freaky to watch our little darling daughter of 2 years old trail her finger on the glass and watch this huge rattlesnake, only inches away (through glass) diligently track her. Yeah, don't ever want to meet up with one of those in a wooded forest or grassy trail.

Dominique got tired of walking and wanted to ride with her sister- which I'm sure this stroller was not designed for!
Daddy became an instant hero when he suggested we all get drumsticks. The kids love so much being with their dad and it was nice to have special time together.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I'm one of those fans!

GMS said...

So am I!!!

Love to hear ALL the gory details

Actually your stories are very entertaining & the pics top it all off as usual.

NANA said...

Yeah, for Blogging!