Friday, June 05, 2009

by the kids

Ivan and Dominique love to take pictures... and with digital cameras, why not? I'm so glad I can let them snap away, learn a new skill, discover the world through a lens and not cost me a penny! Here are some of their creations:

By Ivan:

Recognize this shot? I took pictures through the tire swing like this. Ivan set this up and told Dominique to get under the swing and smile while he shot away.








By Dominique:


Do not click on the picture of Ivan to get the blown up version or you'll get grossed out.


Did you click on it? I told you not to!

It's so funny for me to see their perspective. Just a bit different and shorter than mine ;) Ivan and I didn't know she was shooting this one.



I was pretty shocked with the quality and execution of this last portrait. Dominique took the camera, turned it on, told Emora to smile then made tons of goofy noises just like we do when we try to make Emora smile (it didn't work this time). Then she turned the dial on the camera to view the picture she had taken and exclaimed "oh, how cute!". Which goes to show you that kids can learn quickly and can imitate us to a T.

This is a video of a performance, created and performed by Ivan and Dominique. They created their "set", music, dance and lines all on their own then told me to come see their performance. So I grabbed the camera and this is what I found!

2 comments:

nana said...

Yes, I enlarged Ivan's picture. I should have listened to you. Yuk!! Can you just imagine what great photographers they are going to be when they grow up.

Ian said...

Wow, Abilene's got talent!