Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An apple a day...

If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, what does a post a day do? Thought I would empty out my blogables file since I might not have time much to post in Canada and this will be all old news once I get Canada pics coming. We are leaving in the morning- not so bright, but early. I'm sure it will still be dark at 4am. Our flight leaves at 5:50. I can't even remember the last time I was up that early. I started packing Sunday and it was a good thing. I packed Emora's stuff that day and made a bunch of lists, then pack Ivan, Dominique and I yesterday and made some more lists. Today, we went to a great performance by a percussionist at the library, tried to take naps and finish up a bunch of last minute things including making sure everything would fit in the bags and that they weren't overweight. We are going light this trip as compared to our winter trips. Only 3 suitcases. I still think we could have fit it all in two bags, but Brian thought a busted open suitcase was not worth saving $15 over. Yeah, guess he's right. Still, with only 3 suitcases, we are traveling with 11 pieces! Yep, see what happens when you add a bunch of kids to the mix? We have 4 backpacks (the kids are excited to have their's too), a diaper bag and umbrella stoller, plus 2 carseats. If you think we are missing a car seat, we are. Remember we are TRYING to go simple, so I asked my sister to bring a booster seat to the airport for Ivan to graduate into. He's the right size and age, so it will save us from 12 items. 11 is much easier right?





Brian playing Stick at a wedding for some friends of ours.

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

We are so excited!

Olivia said...

I am so glad you posted Brian playing, I've always been curious to hear him, good thinking. Hope your having fun and you arrived safe. Love ya.