Monday, June 01, 2009

Emora's appointment





For those of you interested in the nitty gritty of our lives... Emora weighs 15.12 lbs and is 26 inches long. I need to go and see if that is more than what the other's were at this stage because she just seems so much bigger. She is getting so heavy in the car seat- or maybe I'm just older and weaker? It's funny because I followed a starting foods guide so meticulously with my first two kids and today the doctor told me I could give Emora applesauce to help fend off constipation. That isn't until 2-4 months from now on my food guide and only after I start veggies. Maybe I need to loosen up, if even my pediatrician is freer than I am! Somehow by the third it seems a lot easier to assess her needs as an individual and respond accordingly. I wish I had known how to get the other two sleeping through the night like we have with Emora. It's so wonderful! It seems all she needed was cereal in a bottle before bed and we get 10 hours of rest. That's good medicine for the whole family. Speaking of, she got two shots and a vaccine by mouth and did really well. None of my kids have had reactions to shots before, so I'm very happy we are all so healthy.

Brian is house shopping right now and we may go get a new phone and camera tonight. We may also get plane tickets tonight or tomorrow (the prices dropped about $50 per ticket since the weekend). This all seems so crazy for us. We rarely ever buy anything beyond groceries and here we are making big purchases (of course the house is to work on).

This was Emora's first time to wear hair accessories that actually necessitate hair to attach to (as opposed to those wrap around the head elastic bows). It didn't last long since I was afraid she would discover them with her hands, slip them out and eat them.
Here is Dominique with a hair style I spotted on a documentary about a school class experiment on democracy in China. The video was documenting this activity, while I spot a girl and start thinking- that's a cute hair style and looks easy too. So, Dominique may not have looked exotic in that anyone else thought it looked chinese, but the day she wore this, I was thinking all day how cultured she looked, until she ripped it all out at supper time and went back to her regular wild Dominique hair look.

1 comment:

Leslie Kay said...

I actually used to wear my hair like that in elementary schoool. Funny how things really do come back around.