Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Who does she look like?



I remember thinking as a teenager that I was a total blend of both my parents. There was no way that I could have been adopted, since I had too many traits from both of them. All the time, I have people tell me Dominique looks like me. I think they are trying to be nice. I don't think she looks like either of us. Do you see any resemblance?

Looks don't matter, but it was weird when I used to keep Myka, because her coloring is so similar to mine it was like looking at my own skin. Big Buddy tries to joke that we are related, but people don't realize it is a joke. I could easily pass for his daughter and so the nursing staff often think we are related and my kids are his grandchildren. In fact we were asked today if they were his grandkids. In so many ways, in the most important ways, they are.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Skin colour is a funny thing, eh? I can't count the amount of times in high school that you, Krista and I were told that we definitely were related cause we all looked alike. Yes we are related but not blood and people just judge from the look. Of course, we never minded but it is a simple statement of how people are very superficial. BTW I think she looks like Ang!

Anonymous said...

She totally looks like Aunt Ruth! I just see your mom in her Angela.

Roberta

armacleod said...

I'm not certain who she looks like, but I can tell you two things. First she is adorable. The second thing: Man its gorgeous outside down there! It's still snowing here!

Lady J said...

She seems to be her own person doesn't she? Just like Ivan...I could never figure out who he looks like either! They are both adorable and are perfect combinations of both of you...how could they not be perfect!?