Thursday, February 15, 2007

the Dominique funnies



Another funny vegetable episode occurred just this evening. Ivan was having troubles eating his one measly stick of asparagus, so I compromised and offered him green peas. He was trying to get them down so that he could have his desert of crepes, apples and ice cream which sat there just past his bowl of green goods tantalizing him. Since it was taking about 30 minutes for him to eat his generous helping of green peas, I let him cover them in ketchup (which is another vegetable in our books). When he finished them quite happily, I jokingly asked if he wanted more. To my surprise, he said yes! I asked him about 3 more times and he kept saying he wanted more green peas, all the while that ice cream desert was just sitting there melting. So he ate another helping of peas and then moved on to desert!

1 comment:

GMS said...

Very funny, cute little shivers!
What did Dominque get for dessert for eating her green stuff so well?

Cute story about Ivan. Sounds like my Brian.
One Thanksgiving we forgot to have ketchup for the turkey. Never did live that one down.